Tuesday 16 April 2013

Exhibition Poster Graphics: I Finally have an idea!

Finally, after many weeks of despising the promotional side of my Exhibition project I have an idea of what I'm doing with it. I had a tutorial with a tutor and some other students earlier today and this wasn't precisely what they suggested I do after looking at my initial plans, but what I then went on to draw helped me come to this conclusion!

The exhibition is based around the WW1 Uncle Sam posters (well, a selection of them) by James Montgommery Flagg and so I wanted to make a little insignia / logo that I could apply to all promotional items, and tonight... I have finally done it!


I started off in illustrator with my original silhouette line work and added a circle and some lines in for later on. 


I then took the image into photoshop and added colour to make it look like the American flag, and also changed the outline colour to white to stop it looking so cartoony.


Finally, I added some texture as I wanted to make it look less harsh on the page, and everything looks better with texture in my opinion! I'm not sure if this is going to be my final logo idea, I think it's probably worth still playing around with colour levels, but I'm finally optimistic that I'll finish the project with at least one piece of promotion! 
Day: Successful

No comments:

Post a Comment