Sunday 14 April 2013

Creating a brand identity: Poster Promotion

These three screen shots are the three final ideas I had for promotional posters for a graphics project. The whole logo and theme of the brand is based around the old, retro play buttons on cassettes and personal stereos - but with a modern twist. Logically, I called the range 'Play' and Goji is the brand that I am designing for. 

The posters are just an accompaniment to a pattern and a packaging based project, but I thought it'd be nice to try to tie in a poster with it for additional content.


This first one for me makes no sense to the actual theme of the range that I've already created, but it does look nice! 


This for me is one of my favourite designs but it also doesn't fit the existing theme of the range, as it's very minimal texture with lots of white space and is meant to resemble a spray paint type effect with the gold. This is just very decorative. 



This one however DOES fit the style I've been working with and I've also tried to make it look like a paint drip to tie in with the look of the pattern. This is the one I will be developing a little more to make my final poster. All it will need is some added information about the brand and it's good to go!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I like them all, the 3rd may be my favorite though.

    - identity design Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive branding presentation! nice work ! brand identity design is the outward manifestation of the essence of the corporate brand, product brand or a service brand. Design development should begin with defining the fundamentals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These were just some ideas I was working with in my development work. I decided to use the 3rd poster as my final, along with some other display sheets for packaging design and shop layout :)

      Delete